Terms & Conditions
Conditions and Payments of Water Saving Devices Rebates
- All applications must be registered through the Water Smart Package web portal.
- You must register through the Water Smart Package web portal before making an eligible purchase.
- Products purchased must comply with the requirements specified including complying with any WELS rating requirements listed.
- By accepting a rebate on an irrigation system you acknowledge your compliance with all relevant statutory requirements including backflow prevention.
- All applications are confined to residential dwellings in Townsville City Council’s Local Government Area.
- The Water Smart Package is limited to a maximum of one rebate or Garden Support Package per dwelling.
- Any eligible devices/appliances must be properly installed at the address specified when registering for the program.
- Payments of rebates will be processed within 14 working days from receipt of application form by Council.
- Payment of rebates will be to the nominated bank account if registration is filled out by the owner/tenant/body corporate online or face to face, or through a cheque if registration is taken with the assistance of Council staff over the phone. To ensure security Council has a policy of not accepting people’s bank details over the phone.
Frequently Asked Questions
Am I eligible to participate if I have bore water?
Yes. As the program is about making it easier for people to transition to wise water use, this also applies to those using bore water. Water is a finite resource and should be used wisely regardless of where it is sourced from.
Which devices require a plumber to install?
All water-saving devices available through the Smart Water Package can be installed without a registered plumber. The cost of installation is not included in the rebate program, apart from the $100 rebate towards installation costs for the community entitled to support services, disability pensioners or age pensioners.
How long is the Water Smart Package open?
The Water Smart Package is opening on 15 July 2019 and will close when the program budget has been fully expended. It is on a first come first served basis and we anticipate demand will exceed supply, so get in quick!
How long do I have to buy my products from when I register for a rebate?
You will have three months from the date of registering to get your application form in for the rebate, otherwise your registration will become void. You will receive monthly reminders through your nominated email address, reminding you to purchase the products you have registered for.
When will I receive my Garden Support Package?
Once you have registered through the web portal, you will receive an email confirmation with your order. The order will contain information on where and when you can collect your goods. If any of the goods you have ordered are out of stock, the supplier will contact you to let you know how long it will take for them to arrive in.
If you have selected the Garden Support Package automatic irrigation and/or mulch delivery/spread, a service provider will be in contact with you within a week of placing your order to arrange a convenient time to deliver your mulch and/or undertake the irrigation optimisation, leak detection and repair service.
Will I be able to apply for a rebate if I have bought a waterwise product prior to registering online?
No. In order to track the program budget, rebates must be registered through the web portal, prior to purchasing their waterwise products.
Whilst we have made every reasonable effort to ensure all the information contained within this site is both accurate and current, users should contact Townsville City Council if they have any concern in relation to information presented. Council does not accept any liability for any statements or opinion, or for any errors or omissions contained within this site. All users accessing the site are responsible for assessing the relevance and accuracy of its content. Links to other web sites are provided purely for convenience and do not constitute endorsement of any material contained within these sites.
No reliance should be placed on information contained or to be implied or inferred from this website without checking out the details with an authorised officer of Townsville City Council. We reserve the right to monitor all use of its computer systems and communication networks through authorised Systems Administrators.
Copyright and Intellectual Property
The information contained herein is the property of the Townsville City Council. Information may be downloaded, displayed, printed and copied in an unaltered form only. It is not to be distributed or used for commercial purposes without the written permission of the Chief Executive Officer of the Townsville City Council. Apart from any use as permitted under the Copyright Act 1968, all other rights are reserved.
All Trademarks displayed on this site are subject to the legal rights of Townsville City Council or the other Trademark owners and the unauthorised use of any Trademark displayed on this site is strictly prohibited.