Townsville City Council (Council, we, our, us) collects and manages personal information in the course of performing its activities, functions and duties. We respect the privacy of the personal information held by us. The way in which Council manages personal information is governed by the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld) (the Act).
What personal information will we collect?
We may need to collect the following personal information in relation to your Water Smart Package application:
- Home address;
- Postal address;
- Phone number/s including work, home or mobile number;
- Bank account details;
- Concession number;
- Date of birth;
- Photo identification; and
- Proof of address
How do we use your personal information?
We are collecting your personal information in accordance with Local Government Act 2009 and Water Smart Package so that we can:
- Administer the Garden Support Package or the Water Savings Devices Rebate;
- Provide the products and services you have requested;
- Process your cash rebate for the waterwise products you have purchased after your registration; and
- Provide you with information about other events and services that may interest you
Generally, we will not disclose your personal information outside of Council unless we are required to do so by law, or unless you have given us your consent to such disclosure. However, in performing the above functions, we will disclose the following personal information to the companies engaged to administer the Garden Support packages:
- Phone number/s; and
- Home address
At the point of collection you will also be required to present photo identification and proof of address. This information will be sited and not recorded by the Supplier or Council.
Please note that any of the following organisations may be provided your contact details in order to arrange collection or installation of the selected package:
- Addisons Universal Mitre 10;
- Bedrock Landscaping Supplies (Qld) Pty Ltd;
- Atomic Irrigation Services;
- Globe Growing Solutions;
- (PPS) Professional Pump Services & Irrigation;
- Townsville Mini Loads;
- AJW Services NQ;
- Revegetation Contractors Pty Ltd;
- Coastal Dry Tropics Landcare Inc; and
- Project Plants Trade Centre
If you are applying for either of the $500 concession packages, you will be required to provide your concession number and date of birth. This will be verified with the Department of Human Services (Centrelink) or the Department of Veteran Affairs. When registering for the concession, you will be asked to provide a declaration and consent to make the relevant enquiries with the applicable organisation.